TO THE WOMAN OF WORTH, (YOU)

This advocacy is born out of a heart that is passionate to witness a generation where every woman is well-aware of her worth in a holistic point-of-view: physically, emotionally, socially, legally and most of all, spiritually and Biblically.

In a world where women experience inequality, violence and discrimination, this advocacy aims to raise up Christ-Empowered Women, who live to empower her home, her husband, her children, her ministry and career, her generation and her nation.

This advocacy believes that this is her time because she is PRISCILLA TODAY.

Monday, January 20, 2014

REAL TALK: Insecurity Guard

Once, I hated my lips.


As a kid, I used to despise how pout-y it was (and still is) compared to the others' normal ones.


My dad fondly teased me for my pout-y lips and gave me the name "Nguso,” –which was (according to him) his form of lambing to me, but sometimes
he just overdoes it that I would end up crying.


Not only my Dad, but several of childhood friends also poked fun at my uniquely plump lips.


So whenever pictures are taken, I try so hard to purse my lips to lessen its appearance.

...and when I purse, I purse hard!


When I meet new people, I have the the tendency to bite my lips just to hide it because of mere insecurity and shame.

I face the mirror and I sulk and sigh, wishing I had smaller lips.

During my preteen years, I remember begging my dad to let me have a treatment from the most famous cosmetic surgeon in the country Vicky Belo to help minimize my pouty-looking lips. 




Seriously. I can’t believe I even toyed with the idea of getting surgery.

Alarmed, Dad immediately assured me that I looked beautiful with my lips and it is my lips that make my beauty stand out from the others.


<AND I HAVE NO BEAUTIFUL "NENE" PHOTO TO SUPPORT THAT T_T>


So of course, I didn’t believe him. I went on with my begging. My dad didn’t know what to do.

Mom, on the other hand, found the perfect method to help me learn to love my lips—just the way it is...




She told me about Angelina Jolie.


And then there’s Anne Hathaway.



And our very own Anne Curtis (who was once insecure about her lips too! we also have the same singing dilemma ;-D)






Suddenly she showed me pictures of super models in magazines that did not have full lips but had to pout to look prettier.





And she told me about how many women out there pay millions to inject something on their lips to make them look bigger.




Convinced, she assured me that I’ll always be pretty in her eyes and that I shouldn't act and live according to what other people say.

She told me every one is a different beauty that it takes the right eye to see it.

Either way, I have learned to love my lips!

I actually find it my best asset now.



I love taking good care my lips by pampering it with lip balms, lip creams, glosses, and every lip product there is!

Vitamin E Lip Care SPF 15, The Body Shop, 255 INRBaby Lips SPF 20 Lip Moisturizing Balm, Maybelline, 125 INROriginal Carmex Jar, Carmex, 300 INR (approx)LIP BALM #1, Kiehl's, 495 INRLip Therapy Rosy, Vaseline, 100 INRLip Conditioner Stick SPF 15, M.A.C, 780 INR




I love wearing my lips in different shades.



MAC Russian Red 

Coral Strawberry

Rimmel London Shimmer Latino
Rimmel London in Alarm


Instead of pursing my lips in pictures, I let it out just the way it is—even if it’ll make people think I’m pouting! 




But I'm not pouting. Not at all.




…..while other girls even have to do the duck face to show their lips....


duck face in a quinceanera
knowyourmeme.com
Triple Duckface
knowyourmeme.com
The Mona Lisa Today
knowyourmeme.com


So if you find something in you that is different from everybody else’s, that’s not supposed to be your insecurity but rather your own trademark!!


It will be what will make you stand out amongst the others.

So do not let people deceive you with their teasing. They’re just scared, because you’re different.

Remember, standing out threatens other people.




So long, that’s all I need to say……….Here’s a BIG MWAH from my pout-y lips to all of you! (Duck face!)

No comments:

Post a Comment