TO THE WOMAN OF WORTH, (YOU)

This advocacy is born out of a heart that is passionate to witness a generation where every woman is well-aware of her worth in a holistic point-of-view: physically, emotionally, socially, legally and most of all, spiritually and Biblically.

In a world where women experience inequality, violence and discrimination, this advocacy aims to raise up Christ-Empowered Women, who live to empower her home, her husband, her children, her ministry and career, her generation and her nation.

This advocacy believes that this is her time because she is PRISCILLA TODAY.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

REAL TALK: The Words I Regret

WORDS build bridges from one place to another and cut-through places that we cannot.

WORDS can turn hopelessness into hopefulness, just as it can also turn hopefulness into hopelessness.

WORDS can break someone into a million pieces, just as it can also put them back together.

WORDS. So crucial. So fragile, yet so powerful, that most of us start to cringe and hesitate, for fear of saying the wrong thing at the wrong timing. 

But lately, what scares me more that that is letting one moment pass without saying anything.

Because sometimes the words that haunt me the most, aside from the careless words I've said, are also THE WORDS I DIDN'T SAYthe words my heart wanted to scream out loud, but my mouth just kept shut. 


Vintage telephone by RihamTheOne


I'VE REGRETTED NOT SAYING 
"I love you"
or "You make me proud" thousand more times enough to my father,
Like I had to face death to realize it. 

I'VE REGRETTED NOT SAYING  
"I'm sorry" to the people I've hurt before,
Just because pride/unawareness overtook my guilt.

I'VE REGRETTED NOT SAYING
"That's hurtful" to the people who went on offending me with words,
That scarred me for life. 

I'VE REGRETTED NOT SAYING
"Thank you" to those who've helped me,
And I've never realized it.

I'VE REGRETTED NOT SAYING
"You look great!" on someone's new look, dress or make-up
or "Congratulations!" on someone's achievements,
Just because I was actually jealous deep inside.



I hate those moments when I walked away thinking "I should've said this. But it's too late."

Especially when I could've stood up for myself or someone who needed help.


I know, like what people say, "Words mean little, when they're a little too late," that WORDS MAY HAVE EXPIRY DATES

Now I've decided that as long as my words protect, love, empower and encourage, I'd....


JUST SAY IT. 








No comments:

Post a Comment